i was cleaning the house and now my arms and legs hurt really bad. i took some mobic (meloxicam) already. what else can i do to help the pain? can i take vicodin?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Marshall Bedder
37 years experience Pain Management
Conservative Care: You have used muscles that you generally don't use which tells me you are somewhat deconditioned. A good regular exercise program is in order. In the meantime. You can ice the more painful areas and stretch. A nice bath in a hot tub can be relaxing to strained muscles as well. One should not take narcotic pain relievers for muscular pain post exercise/activity.
Answered on Apr 29, 2017
4
Dr. Ronald Krauser
51 years experience Rheumatology
Don't overtreat: Why don;t you just take tylenol (acetaminophen) and in a day or so the pain should resolve. Why take narcotics like vicodin for a minor issue.
Answered on Mar 10, 2013
1