U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Ash, NC
A 28-year-old female asked:

I have back pain.i have some numbness down my spine.i have had 4epiderals i have had xrays physical therapy &take pain medication. i need this fixed.

3 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Christopher Ferguson
Orthopedic Surgery 20 years experience
MRI?: If you have not yet had an MRI that would seem like a reasonable next step. Surgery is generally a last resort. Only a trained spine surgeon can evaluate you and your imaging studies to determine if surgery might help.
Dr. Kris Siemionow
19 years experience
MRI: Make sure that you have an mri. See a spine specialist to make sure that you have the correct diagnosis.
Dr. Chukwuka Okafor
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 17 years experience
See a Spine Surgeon: Not sure if you have a diagnosis yet as to what's causing your symptoms. Any pain/numbness/tingling going down your legs? In addition to xrays, you will need a MRI of your lumbar spine to better evaluate your spine and see what could be causing your symptoms-if coming from your spine. Getting an accurate diagnosis, will then better enable your doctors to formulate a more effective treatment plan.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Apr 15, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.