what could it mean if mri of brain showed "moderately severe global atrophy" in one @83yrs old? it was 2 weeks after chemo on 83yrold & had severe uti

Dr. Michael Dugan
Specializes in Hematology
At age 83: A certain degree of atrophy is expected. The UTI is a completely unrelated matter.
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine 73 years experience
Brain shrinkage: Is commensurate with age. Length of life varies from person to person. The treatment has probably helped the process too.
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff commented
Infectious Disease 56 years experience
If you are 83 and asking this question the atrophy has not particularly affected the functional portions of your cerebral cortex. Keep active and happy.
Mar 5, 2013
Dr. George Klauber
Specializes in Pediatric Urology
Also the UTI was completely unrelated
Mar 5, 2013