Greensboro, North Carolina

can a cracked tooth be filled if the crack is on biting edge?

Dr. Franklin Allen
Dentistry 13 years experience
Yes: As long as the crack doesn't extend down into the root surface it can be and probably needs to be fixed. Too many hypotheticals to get into the options but your dentist will have a good option for you.
Dr. Ladan Zinati
Dentistry 28 years experience
Yes: Yes, you can. Just make sure your dentist checks for reason of crack, if it's due to grinding, you need to wear a night guide to prevent it from fracturing off again.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Yes, but...: Yes, and we do that all the time. However, that area of the tooth takes a lot of stress, and unless you are very careful, it is likely to break again. When that happens can be days, weeks, months, years or never. It would help to know the reason it broke, and that would determine the best way to restore the tooth, namely bonding, laminate or a crown. Discuss options with your own dentist.