If i have a period does that mean im releasing eggs?

Dr. Susan Wingo
Endocrinology 33 years experience
Maybe: A lot of things have to go just right for ovulation to occur. If most of them go right, a woman will still have a period, but not ovulate. If a woman's periods are irregular, there is a higher chance that no ovulation occurred, and no egg was released.
Dr. Nancy Durso
Fertility Medicine 38 years experience
Most of time yes: Most of the time a period follows 14 days after ovulation. Sometimes it can just be random bleeding or that some hormone changes occur but not a quality ovulation. You can take your temperature each morning before you get up. If your temperature is above 98 for 10 days before your period then you have probably ovulated.