should i b worried bout a bleed happening in the brain since i'm getting pains & headaches quite often & i get light headed. i've had a mri & ct 4mths?

Dr. Grant Linnell
23 years experience Radiology
Unlikely: In someone your age it would be very, very rare to have a stroke, ischemic or hemorrhagic. It is far more likely your headaches are due to a benign cause. Seeing a neurologist who specializes in headaches, if this is a chronic problem, is likely the most appropriate next step.
Answered on May 11, 2013
1
1
Dr. Philip Chao
Dr. Philip Chao commented
37 years experience Radiology
but I have also seen a lot of poorly done CT scans and MRI exams which could miss bleeding. Many doctors do not know that microhemorrhages - which are super small bleeds can sometimes only be seen with a 3T MRI and something called susceptibility imaging. It always makes me sad to see so many doctors not understand how important it is to find micro hemorrhages and how they think that their older machines and technology is adequate. It is not. The best technology and the best test is what we all deserve. If we ask for 32 channel 3T MRI and susceptibility weighted images and quantitative MRI, we will get better studies and more radiologists will invest in the money it takes to provide this level of quality. ASK for the best please... do your research before getting your MRI. Ask for a neuroradiologist to read your study.
May 11, 2013