U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Trenton, NJ
A 29-year-old female asked:

is it rare for a 29 year old to have pancreatic cancer?

3 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
Dr. Rupesh Parikh
Medical Oncology 26 years experience
Rare: Rare but possible. Younger people with pancreatic cancer sometimes have a different form if cancer that us less aggressive. Needs a eus study and biopsy to diagnosis and treat.
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Hematology and Oncology 23 years experience
Very rare- 0.4 %: From 2005-2009, the median age at diagnosis for cancer of the pancreas was 71 years of age. Approximately 0.1% were diagnosed under age 20; 0.4% between 20 and 34; 2.2% between 35 and 44.
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 25 years experience
Great information.
Mar 1, 2013
Dr. Herbert Hoover
General Practice 51 years experience
Yes: Pancreatic cancer is primarily a disease of older patients-usually in their 6th or 7th decade. It is not impossible but is very rare to have pancreatic cancer at age 29.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits
$15 per month

Similar questions

A 35-year-old member asked:

How is pancreatic cancer diagnosed?

2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Dr. Reza Shirazi
Radiation Oncology 20 years experience
Biopsy: Pathology gives the diagnosis of pancreatic cancer, typically a needle guided biopsy of the pancreatic mass seen at the time of endoscopy a ct-guided biopsy by interventional radiologist is performed.
A 21-year-old member asked:

If I think I may be at risk for pancreatic cancer, what should I do?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Carlo Contreras
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Discuss with your MD: Write down why you think you are at risk for pancreatic cancer, and meet with your doctor. Before, talk to your family members and write down all relatives who have been diagnosed with cancer and at what age they were diagnosed. Be sure to share any symptoms you are having with your md. Pancreatic cancer is very rare and difficult to diagnose; unfortunately there is not a good screening test.
A 37-year-old member asked:

What are the stages of pancreatic cancer?

2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Dr. Vasu Brown
Integrative Medicine 34 years experience
Posting a link here: The staging is detailed here - http://www.Pancreatica.Org/index.Cfm/faqs.Htm#c2.
A 21-year-old member asked:

What is pancreatic cancer?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Reza Shirazi
Radiation Oncology 20 years experience
Uncontrolled growth: Cancer is uncontrolled growth of cells that has escaped normal mechanisms of control that exists in the body to control cell growth and repair damage that may have occurred in the dna of a cell. If this happens to be in the pancrease, (pancrelipase) we call it pancreatic cancer.
A 21-year-old member asked:

What are the various types of pancreatic cancer?

4 doctor answers10 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ritesh Rathore
Hematology and Oncology 30 years experience
Adenocarcinoma: 95% of pancreatic cancers are adenocarcinoma; the remaining 5% are hormone making tumors called neuroendocrine tumors (such as insulinomas, gastrinomas, glucagonoma, and vipomas).

Related questions

A 25-year-old male asked:
2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
A 35-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 30-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits
$15 per month
Last updated Dec 26, 2015

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits
$15 per month

Disclaimer:

Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.