my mid ear canal infection was discovered after a flight home impaired part my hearing. its now the 8th of 10 days im on biaxin (clarithromycin) w no improvement. why?

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Seros otitis media: More than likely you have sterile fluid in the middle ear. This can last for some time. You are not equalizing the pressure on each side of the middle ear. The eustachian tube is not functioning well and equalizing the pressure. There are some exercises to help with this and some medications to help. Give it a bit of time and if not responding, see an ent. You may end up with a tube placed.
Answered on Dec 20, 2012
2