WI

Miss 1-2 days of work every month due to lupus.i'm an very hard worker but disease kicks me down.have fmla but fear getting fired or angering boss.

Dr. Theodore Wu
Ophthalmology 22 years experience
Lupus: You seem to have quite severe disease-- lupus can affect almost any part of the body-- eyes, heart, joints, etc. -- see your pcp about referring you to an excellent rheumatologist-- and try to have your eyes checked at some point by an ophthalmologist to check for lupus retinopathy and possibly Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine) toxicity if you start that medication.
Dr. Arthur Mandelin
Rheumatology 20 years experience
You're not alone: I wish i had a more complete answer for you, but perhaps it will help you just a little but if i tell you that I have heard of this type of situation a hundred times. Perhaps the best thing is to have an honest talk with your boss.

Last updated Jun 30, 2014