FL

can an enlarged ovary be cancer?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Specializes in Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Many causes: There can be ovarian cysts, benign growths or tumors, cancerous tumors. An ultrasound and evaluation by a gynecologist or gynecologic oncologist can help distinguish the cause of enlargement. Often it is not a cause of worry unless one is postmenopausal, then it can be more worrisome. I have shared this with gyn subspecialists for more detailed information in comments or answers.
Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Pathology 23 years experience
Possibly: There are many reasons for enlarged ovaries, commonly cysts. Other conditions, both benign and cancerous can cause enlarged ovaries.