Philippines

my menstruation is usually irregular but sometimes i get my period around the same time for a few consecutive months. could ths b bcs of my pcos?

Dr. Chevies Newman
Yes: Meneses are usually irregular. You may even sometimes ovulate. I'm not sure if u have looked into metformin but it can help women with pcos ovulate. You are also at 2x the risk of a mood or stress problem. The combination of buproprion with metformin can help with weight and mood but take it slow and you may need help with sleep as well. I just want to make sure u know some options, good luck.
Dr. Joseph Pena
Fertility Medicine 25 years experience
Possibly: Pcos is associated w/irregular menses or ovulatory dysfunction. It is possible for women w/pcos to have occasional ovulatory cycles. It is not necessarily all-or-none. Obese pcos women with irregular cycles may often have regular cycles with weight loss. If trying to conceive, best to consult with gyn to confirm ovulation and decide if use of ovulation induction agent (clomid) is appropriate.

Last updated Feb 21, 2015