I ve hip pain from past six months my pelvis mri reveals a small benign cyst on my right femoral head please advise treatment options?

Dr. Arthur Mandelin
Rheumatology 20 years experience
Find the source: If the MRI shows nothing but a small benign cyst, the suggestion is that the pain is not from that cyst. This might lead your healthcare team to look elsewhere for the cause of the pain.
Dr. Anthony Filly
Radiology 26 years experience
Depends: If you're worried about cancer, it sounds like its probably not. If the cyst is a synovial pit, it can be associated with femoro-acetabular impingement syndrome which is a cause of hip pain. You should ask your doctor what it was and consider seeing an orthopedic surgeon familiar with this entity.

Last updated Jun 10, 2014