how to increase height at the age of 19?

2 doctor answers
32 years experience Pediatrics
Unlikely by age 19: Most people reach their maximum height in their late teens. Without nutritional problems or chronic childhood illnesses, height is largely based on genetics and parental heights. Aside from eating right, exercising, sleeping well, and being happy, there's not much a person nor his doctor can do to increase height. In rare cases, growth hormone is approved for use in younger, extremely short kids.
Answered on Dec 9, 2013
45 years experience Pediatrics
Platform shoes: At a listed age of 22, there is little hope you can "grow" taller.The growth centers that determine linear growth close after adolescence, at 16-17 in most females and 18 in most males.After closure, you can not grow taller. A single x-ray of your wrist and hand can tell if your growth plates remain open, if not you are done.
Answered on Jul 8, 2016