my eyes are red and in pain. when i wake up my eyelashes stick together samething is coming out of my eyes?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Aaron Cohn
15 years experience Ophthalmology
Unlikely infection: This is a classic presentation of blepharitis and can be treated with simple home remedies 85% of the time - warm compresses for 5-10min 2x a day followed by a rubbing/scrubbing of the eye lids. There are medications to aid in the speed of recovery but blepharitis is a chronic problem that ebbs and flows with your environment. http://www.geteyesmart.org/eyesmart/diseases/blepharitis.cfm.
Answered on Feb 18, 2013
1
Dr. Ari Weitzner
32 years experience Ophthalmology
Blepharitis: Its a chronic condition like dandruff- your lashes/lids have crusting from the glands. Scrub your lashes clean with baby shampoo every morning, and consider antibiotic ointment on your lashes at bedtime. Omega 3 oils supplementsalso helpful.
Answered on Dec 14, 2014
3