i hav a stone in my kidney 4 mm . my friends say that drink beer , it will was out.how much is this true?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Adrian Baudy IV
11 years experience Nephrology and Dialysis
No: This is an old wife's tale. Beer actually is high in oxalate and most stones are made of calcium oxalate. Therefore beer actually increases your incidence of kidney stones. This is often confused with calcium, as a high calcium diet will bind oxalate in the GI tract and actually decrease your chance of getting kidney stones.
Answered on Jun 10, 2014
4
Dr. Mohammed Younus
30 years experience Psychiatry
Untrue: Drinking water is better way but not more than you need, as excess water can be toxic too. Talk to your doc about best way to deal with it.
Answered on Jan 28, 2017
5