i'm 38 weeks and 3 day only 1 c dilated and the baby head still up high what can i do to progress?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Jeff Livingston
21 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Not much: Although people try there is not much you can do to make yourself go into labor. Walking multiple times a day is thought to help some. Some believe intercourse can help soften the cervix. Since you are 38 weeks we know labor will come in the next 4 weeks regardless of what you do. Good luck.
Answered on Feb 16, 2013
Dr. Sudeepthi Prasad
12 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Exercise: Stay active- walk or any other exercise you have been doing throughout your pregnancy and physically comfortable enough to do it...., don't start anything new.
Answered on Mar 23, 2015
3
Dr. Alan Patterson
41 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Not much: What did your OB say you can walk, hopefully head will come down because it may be too high cause the baby is too large for your pelvis- that happens a lot, if u were my pt , i would do an ultrasound for an estimated fetal weight and if too large would offer u csection, and if not too large, would induce you by 40 weeks at the latest, a recent study showed ideal time to deliver for baby 39-40 wks.
Answered on Jun 10, 2014