Bristol, TN

I have a red bumpy rash on the inside of my thigh near my genitals. it was just a single itchy bump but now it is painful. what is this?

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology 44 years experience
Shingles?: If it is only on one side, it is most likely to be shingles, but you really should have a doctor (preferably a dermatologist) look at it directly. If it is shingles, the sooner you start tratment the more effective it will be. Another possibility is a cutaneous infection, which should also be addressed as promptly as possible.
Can't say without: eval. This rash needs to be visualized & a history needs to be obtained in order to make an accurate diagnosis.

Last updated Nov 28, 2017