do brahmi and vitex have an interaction?

I was unable to : Find listings for vitex or brahmi when attempting to do a drug interaction check.

Libya

Hi , can I take vitex all the month even at period time ?

Dr. Bruce J. Stringer
Radiology 47 years experience
Yes: The instructions i found for this herbal remedy indicates it is to be taken daily, all month long. Once a day in the morning about half an hour before breakfast. See: http://natural-fertility-info.Com/vitex hope this helps.
Libya

Can i take vitex all month long even on period time is it safe ?

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine 40 years experience
Yes: Vitex is a wonderful tonic that helps to regulate the menstrual cycle, often helps pms and may enhance fertility, it is safe to take on a daily basis. While the article I am linking advises taking it 3x/day, i find once a day is usually adequate: http://www.Susunweed.Com/article_vitex_redmoonherbs.Htm.

Is it ok to take vitex with out prescribtion and also when can I start taking this herb ?

Dr. Raymond Schneider
It is not prescripti: It is an herb so not much scientific study. It is generally felt to be probably safe. Give it a try and see if you feel better.
Pompano Beach, FL

Could I take vitex to help me ovulat??

Dr. Derek Haas
Specializes in Fertility Medicine
Maybe: There have been no studies regarding this medication. Having said that, at your age you have time on your side and can try herbal supplements if you like for short amounts of time. I would only try it for 3-6 months before moving on to better studied ovulation induction medications (prescribed by a doctor).
WV

Is Vitex safe to take if I'm dealing with light spotty periods? I'm 24 years old and a virgin.

Nobody really knows: Vitex is not a medication approved by the FDA, so Vitex products are probably not tested for effects and side effects like real medicines are. That means nobody really knows what effects Vitex products have, and how accurate their dosing is, and how true or false their claims are. If made by a large, national brand, their products' quality control might be adequate. Buyer beware.