GB

i have a fatty lump in my back, recently it is causing pain in my upper back and neck, is there anything that can be done? thanks.

Dr. Jennifer Haley
Dermatology 23 years experience
Evaluate and remove: It sounds like a subtype of a lipoma with more fibrous tissue that tends to be more symptomatic for people and occurs in the upper back area. I would recommend seeing a dermatologist or a surgeon for evaluation ant remove it most likely within an hour under local anesthesia. They may want to image it to ensure it isn't impinging on vital nerves.
Dr. Daniel Schainholz
Ophthalmology 34 years experience
Lipoma?: While the description sounds like it could be a lipoma, a benign fatty tumor, the only way to be certain is to have it excised by a surgeon. The pain is potentially worrisome, so go get this evaluated and removed without delay. This will not go away on its own.