episodic inflammation / swelling temporal arteries, forehead, behind eye - swelling, burning pain rt side neck, severe occipital and cspine pain?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Ward Dean
Dr. Ward Dean answered
42 years experience Anti-Aging Medicine
Temporal Arteritis: It sounds like you may have temporal arteritis. It usually occurs over the age of 50. This can be serious, so see your physician or go to the er promptly. You should first have a test of your sedimentation rate (esr). Treatment for temporal arteritis requires prednisone, which should give prompt releif, although treatment may be required for a year.
Answered on Feb 9, 2013
Dr. David Fertel
34 years experience Vascular Surgery
Could be temoral art: Could be temporal arteritis. You need a biopsy.
Answered on Apr 8, 2014
1