I have a sharp pain on the bone above my right eye. feels likeva bad bruise but not showing a bruise. throbs constantly for days now. is this serious?

Dr. Kai Philipp Olshausen
Nerve: It is most likely not serious. It is likely a nerve pain that can occur there sometimes. As long as there are no blisters or a rash with it (which could indicate shingles) keep an eye on it but have it checked if it does not improve within the next week or so.
Dr. Farhad Sigari
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 20 years experience
Could be.: There is a chance you might have a problem with your frontal sinus on the right side. Would need more information to tell but i would have it evaluated. If the reason is unclear based on review of symptoms and physical exam, a ct will be very useful.
Dr. Farhad Sigari
Provided original answer
You are quite welcome :). A good ENT evaluation would be a good place to start.
Dec 31, 2011

Last updated May 5, 2018