Svizzera

I am 46 yrs old. 'm trying to get pregnant with my 3rd baby. last month i had 15 progesterone &117 estrogen. would that be compatible with fertility?

Dr. Herb Coussons
Yes: Although successful fertility declines as moms age, the Progesterone level shows that you ovulated. To predict the likelyhood of success, it may be more helpful to see an fsh level. In women in their 40s rising fsh levels show that the ovary's reserve is declining. But based on the labs you have the ovaries are working.
Dr. Jeff Livingston
May consider an antimullerian hormone test as well. The progesterone level you mention depends on the cycle day tested.
Feb 2, 2013

Last updated Mar 9, 2015