is it normal to not have my period for a year?

GYN: If you previously had regular periods then this is not normal and warrants gynecological evaluation. Take care.

Is it normal if my period came twice a month? Why does this happen?

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
No: The normal menstrual cycle varies in length from 21 to about 35 days. If your periods are starting closer together than 21 days from the start of one to the start of the next, then you are not ovulating regularly - or you have some other problem, such as infection, polyps, adenomyosis, fibroids, etc. Either way you should see your gynecologist for evaluation and treatment.

Can I take a monophasic pill a week before my period to delay it? I have regular menses & have never been on the pill.

Dr. Alvin Lin
Geriatrics 30 years experience
Kinda sorta: You can manipulate your menses with any type of hormonal birth control pill, whether monophasic, biphasic or triphasic. First, if you take the pills as directed, then you'll get your menses towards the end of your pill pack. But let's say you wanted to skip your menses one month. Don't take the sugar pills at the end of the pack but start the next month's instead immediately. Voila, no menses!
Singapore

I'll feel d urge to eat a lot more than usual b4 my meses n totally lost d urge to eat during my menses. Is it normal?

Dr. William Brown
Gynecology 44 years experience
Premenstrual appetit: There's a complex and a simple one...So, let's go with the simple. Progesterone is made only after ovulation and has the ability to stimulate appetite (good idea, since you might be preganant). Bcps all have different progestins (synthetic, like progesterone); more cause increase in eating that others. Explain to your doctor why you are considering a change in pills. No magic---still calories.

What to take to delay menses?

Dr. Johnnie Ham
Delaying Menses: Progesterone will do it. Using prometrium, (micronized progesterone) 200mg, twice a day, can delay menses for 5-10 days is needed. Helpful sometmes for trips....A better solution though is to force a period before you go so it is over, which again uses Progesterone for 5-10 days.
Singapore

I tend to pass motion a lot more just before and when i'm having my menses. Why is this so plse? Thank you!

Dr. Renee Harris
Prostaglandin: I thing you mean bowel movements. The chemical prostaglandin is released with a cycle. It causes cramping and can cause diarrhea or frequent bowel movements.