what is the difference between grade a pure maple syrup & grade b? i am on a lemonade diet.

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine 40 years experience
Grade B is better!: Strangely enough, most people feel grade b tastes better & some say it has more minerals. The founder of the lemonade diet advises using grade b- see http://www.Gradebmaplesyrup.Org/whygradebmaple.Html i do not advise doing the lemonade diet without modification. I would add a scoop of a green powder like orac energy greens or vitamineral greens & about 30 grams of hempseed protein-see my comment:.
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker commented
Holistic Medicine 40 years experience
Provided original answer
We need about 30 grams of protein a day- if we don't get it from our diet we break down our muscles to get it & I don't think it is healthy to break down our muscles- thus the need for a good protein powder like hemp, rice, pea or whey. Also, on a lemonade diet you will release toxins from the fat that is breaking down. You liver needs many nutrients to process those toxins. Without proper nutritional support we can become very toxic- a good green powder with herbs that support detoxification will tremendously increase the benefits and reduce the hazards of the lemonade diet.
Mar 13, 2013