how come i have mood swings?

Dr. Albert Pizzo
Mood swings: Depends. There are many types of mood swings and many conditions that have mood swings as a symptom. If you are having mood swings, it would help you to discuss this with your doctor to find out the cause and if necessary give you treatment to help you.
Dr. Donald Hazlett
A variety of things: Can cause mood swings. Family problems, financial meltdowns, significant health challenges, educational plans going off track can all be a stimulus for the mood swings. More seriously it could be some form of bipolar disorder where mood swings are always a part of the disorder. That, and sleep problems and chronic agitation are part of almost every type of bipolar disorder.