Asthma, hbp, hypothyroidism, gerd, high cholesterol at 62yrs. Fairly active and changed diet lifestyle. What else can I do? 5'5, 190lbs.

Dr. Asif Khan
Dr. Asif Khan answered
23 years experience in Allergy and Immunology
See below: Set a goal, your ideal weight is 135, so you have work to do, and at age 62 will be hard, but possible, reduce sodium intake stop all white items bread, pasta, rice, white sugar, and white potatoes also stop all breads in general, stop all cakes cupcakes cookies, chips dips, hi sodium dressings stop all fizzy drinks, and drinks with hi sodium content no red meat for 1 yr until u r on track.
Answered on Oct 4, 2016
1
8
Dr. Katherine Caldwell
16 years experience in General Practice
Changing diet/lifestyle is very hard, and can't be done all of a sudden, but if you stick to your healthy changes, you will feel great and be healthy. Remember that everything you put in your body affects your health: you really are what you eat. So to be healthy, you cannot put anything toxic in your body, and that includes processed/fast foods. Have you considered vegetarian diet? Good luck!
May 11, 2016