my son eas injured in a car crash caused a grade 2 liver laceration.. even since he has been home he complains he is always tired should i worrie?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Oscar Novick
57 years experience Pediatrics
Occult bleeding?: He should be checked out. He may be bleeding under the liver capsule.
Answered on Aug 8, 2013
3
Dr. Jerry Guanciale
34 years experience General Surgery
Liver laceration: I have to believe by your comment that the surgeons elected to observe the lacerated liver. Just experiencing the type of trauma enough to lacerated the liver will cause a degree of lethargy for a while. My concern would be the possibility of continued blood loss from the laceration. Follow up with your family physician or surgeon and repeat a complete blood count and possibly a repeat ct scan.
Answered on Apr 5, 2017
4
Dr. Steve Martinez
27 years experience Breast Surgery
Anemia: Liver lacerations, even ones that are observed, are associated with some level of blood loss. I believe that your son likely is a bit anemic from the trauma of the accident. Follow-up with the trauma surgeons that took care of him after the accident to be sure that his blood count is not too low.
Answered on Jan 25, 2014
1