Lebanon

what are sgot & sgpt & g-gt? my blood test shows that i have, sgot= 42, sgpt= 45, g-gt= 40, do i have to see a doctor or what should i do?

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Near or at normal: Different labs differ in the lower and upper limits of normal for all three of these tests, but in most labs all three of these values would be normal, although the SGPT (actually now called alt) may be very slightly high. Who did the blood tests? Generally they have to be ordered by a doctor, and that doctor is the one you should be talking to. I would suggest repeating them in 2-3 months. A.