U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 37-year-old member asked:

My wisdom tooth is killing me! how can i get rid of this pain?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Stephen Gordon
undefined 43 years experience
See your dentist: Your wisdom tooth /teeth need to be evaluated and radiographed (x-rayed) and a treatment plan formulated. Often the tooth is not fully erupted, and gum tissue covers part of the tooth where food particles get trapped, cleaning is difficult and infection develops. See your dentist or oral surgeon.
Dr. Thomas Yash
Dentistry 46 years experience
Take care of tooth: You need to take care of the source of your pain. Have the wisdom tooth removed or, if erupted, treated for cavity or infection. You may take some tylenol (acetaminophen) or advil or a combination of both( works well together on more intense pain) to control pain. Rinse with hot salt water for sore gums. Get to dentist or oral surgeon for proper professional care.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Dec 10, 2013

People also asked

Related topics

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.