i have dark spots in the corners of my mouth, i thought it was when i don't clean my saliva but even after i do its still there, how do i get them clear?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Saleh Elahwal
34 years experience Endodontics
Dark spots : Are you talking about discoloration of the gum or the lip due to melanin pigmentation which is a normal thing for dark skin people or something else ?Give more description please.Have been there for a long time and you just noticed them recently ?Or it is something new ?Are they painful or painless ?
Answered on Jan 24, 2013
1
1
Dr. Jeff Malyon
Dr. Jeff Malyon commented
36 years experience Dentistry
I agree, it would be important to know how long the dark spots have been there and exactly where they are located.
Jan 24, 2013
Dr. James Goodpaster
28 years experience Dentistry
Angular Chelitis: You probably have angular chelitis though generally there is some itching or burning associated with it but not always. One thing that can cause this is eating a lot of acid containing foods like tomatoes or oranges. You might try using Hydrocortisone cream over the counter 4-5 times a day but will most likely need prescritption strength to clear it up. Your dentist is the best person to see.
Answered on Jun 25, 2014