Bahrain

i had multiplanar mri&impresion:chondromalacia of medial trochlear cartilage.moderate popliteal cyst with mild joint effusion.pes anserine bursitis, prepatellar&intrapat bursitis?

Dr. Shari Jackson
Radiology 21 years experience
Several issues: Chondromalacia means you have abnormal cartilage in the inside part of your knee where the kneecap (patella) sits. Everything else means you have fluid and/or inflammation in various places around your knee. A bursa is a sac that usually only has a little bit of fluid in it but can get inflamed and be painful. Popliteal cyst = baker cyst, which is accumulation of fluid in the back of the knee.
Dr. Mark Hutchinson
Orthopedic Surgery 34 years experience
Inflammation: Sounds like various areas of inflammation and potential pain sources. This makes surgery less likely to succeed. Best to try medications and exercise program first.