on december 4th i had seizures, my neurologist has put me onlevetiraceta500mg and divalproex 500 mg for this what should i be aware of and what side e?

Neurology 52 years experience
Need to focus on:: Most neurologists start pts with epilepsy on one drug, or have you had additional drug added to enhance control? First, divalproex may cause hair loss, tremors, weight gain, ovarian cysts, pancreatitis, osteoporosis, liver problems, carnitine metabolism issues, birth defects with mental retardation. Potential levetiracetam, drowsiness, dizziness, depression, psychosis, etc. Hope you avoid all.