DE

my boyfriend has never had a migraine as far as we know; however, all of the signs are pointing to one right now. are there any home remedies?

Dr. William Goldie
Pediatric Neurology 48 years experience
Aspirin and sleep: Migraine is the bodies reaction to stress. For men it is often after too much alcohol. Time honored treatment that is usually successful is Aspirin and sleep. However, if too nauseated, may just need to vomit and sleep. Trying to fight it will make it worse.
Dr. Michael Stern
Dentistry 49 years experience
Heat or ice or OTC : Try moist heat or cold packs to sore areas and also take any of the over the counter migraine meds as a start. A hot shower with the water playing on neck and shoulders also may help with head pain. Medical advice should be obtained if symptoms persist over 36 hours to rule out serious medical issues.