Ridgeland, MS

why addition 3 weeks radiation for recurrence of severe pelvic pain from s4 nsclc brain and bone mets? 9.5 months. pain mess upped 50%

Dr. Chevies Newman
I would imagine: They are trying to shrink the area to relieve your pain. A drug like Cymbalta (duloxetine) may offer a small amount of help to the opiods if not on something similar. I wish i had better info but someone better in this area will likely answer soon.
Dr. Manoj Reddy
Radiation Oncology 24 years experience
Palliation: The primary use of radiation therapy in stage IV nsclc is palliation.Without knowing more details it is difficult to answer your question.It appears that your oncology team has chosen this direction to relieve pelvic pain. Radiation therapy is an effective means of relieving bone pain.Depending the cause, extent of disease, and location, radiation can reduce bone pain in 70% of patients treated.

Last updated Apr 17, 2016