i had stenting done 11 days ago, is it normal to still be having chest pains?

Dr. Jahan Zeb
Cardiology 24 years experience
No: In general no. You need to contact physician who implanted stent and make them aware of this. Stents can form clots which can be life threatening. This often happens in first 6 weeks of stent implant. Stents can also form blockages but this typically happens at a later time usually in the first year. You should not miss any doses of the medications that were prescribed for stent
Dr. Bennett Werner
Cardiology 44 years experience
I agree with Dr. Zeb - you should not be having the same kind of pain you were having before the procedure. However, some people with stents report sharp,atypical pain early on. There are also some people who were having non-cardiac pain at the time the stent was placed and this continues. I agree that you should check in with your cardiologist.
Jan 21, 2013
Dr. Jahan Zeb
Dr. Jahan Zeb commented
Cardiology 24 years experience
Provided original answer
Excellent points .
Jan 21, 2013

Last updated Apr 2, 2016