my mom is complaining of lower back pain. she has had cancer in lung and brain both removed. should i worry?

Dr. Paul Slosar
Orthopedic Surgery 33 years experience
See her doctor: With a history of cancer more spefic tests may be indicated such as x-rays or mri.
Dr. Michael Thompson
Hematology and Oncology 20 years experience
Yes: 80% of people experience back pain and the usual response from urgent care or a primary md is appropriately to watch and wait, use heat/cold, pain meds, back strenghening program, pt, etc. However, in cancer patients with new pain we think cancer. This needs to be "ruled out" as normal back problems. In these cases we often due XR or MRI imaging much sooner than in "normal" people.
Dr. Mohamed Elmongy
Hematology and Oncology 46 years experience
Lung Cancer: Yes, unfortunately lung cancer with brain metastasis is not curable. For her lower back pain you can speak with her physician to find out if she has bone metastasis and if she needs radiation therapy in her significant bone metastasis.