San Bernardino, CA

Is it possible to conceive after ovulation? my ovulation date was suppose to be 12/05/2012 but the pregnancy test came out positive three weeks late.

Dr. Steven Weissberg
Yes: Your pregnancy test became positive 3 weeks after ovulation which is when you got pregnant.
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 49 years experience
Let me explain: During the time of ovulation, an egg is available to be fertilized for only about 12-24 hours. But since sperm can live in the body for 3-5 days and then the egg is available for one day, your most fertile time is considered to be about 5-7 days.

Last updated Jan 25, 2013