eye glasses & contact lenses. what's the difference?

Dr. Ilan Cohen
Ophthalmology 25 years experience
Cosmesis: For most people, it is a matter of cosmetics. Some people do not like to wear glasses. For a few people, contacts provide better vision than glasses can. There are also some eye conditions where adequate vision can only be achieved with hard contacts. See your eye doctor for a more detailed discussion as it pertains to you.
Dr. William Dieck
Ophthalmology 38 years experience
Similar: Both contain a prescription to correct the underlying refractive error. Contacts obviously rests on the eye and gives the wearer a more natural view of the world. Glasses correct vision, but peripheral vision can be limited by the edge of the frame.