what can i do to fix braces stains?

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Restorations: Braces don't stain teeth. Not cleaning around the braces can result in damage next to the braces. Eating hard, sticky, chewy foods can break the sealer between the braces and the tooth and allow bacteria to get behind the braces and damage the teeth. Obviously proper oral hygiene and diet choices can reduce risk of damage. Restorations may be required if teeth are damaged.
Dr. Gary Chapman
Orthodontics 35 years experience
Fluoride, fillings: The stains you talk about are not due to your braces. They are due to poor oral hygiene habits while wearing your braces. You will notice that your teeth are of good color and density where the brackets were attached to your teeth. The stains are around the periphery of the brackets where the plaque sat too long, demineralizing your teeth and causing the stains. Fluoride and restorations.
Dr. S. jay Bowman
Orthodontics 36 years experience
Many reasons: There are so many possible reasons including stains from coffee, tea, smoking; medications like Peridex (chlorhexidine gluconate) rinse; or simply that the dark braces give a reflective cast of darkness to the tooth that is not a permanent change at all. More serious discoloration may be from poor hygiene as described by other doctors here. Recalcification of enamel is limited in some instances or restorations.