U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Huntington Park, CA
A 25-year-old female asked:

I have irregular period. acne. hair thinning. i got my blood drawn for estrogen level and they told me it was normal. how can i find out what's wrong?

1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jennifer Haley
Dermatology 23 years experience
Complicated: It really sounds like you have something hormonal going on - i would recommend seeing an endocrinologist to check at least lh, fsh ratio for pcos, thyroid, free testosterone, and dheas. Also, if you are overweight, slowly reach ideal body weight as this will help balance things out. Also, eat organic foods - especially meats and veggies only. Tons or hormones are added to our food supply.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated May 2, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.