golfers elbow-dr says may have tears in my fibers at the joint. will this show on mri?

Dr. M. Jan
Dr. M. Jananswered
Yes: Mri usually shows soft tissue problems.

My arms are going numb and tingling a lot. I'm 21 weeks and I had this with my first two pregnancies. What causes it?

Dr. Christopher Sizemore
Arm numbness: Sounds like carpel tunnel syndrome. It is fairly common in pregnancy due to swelling in the hands. It is caused by compression of a nerve as it passes from the wrist into the hand. Often worse in the dominant hand but can be in both hands. Can wake you up at night when the hands feel like they are "asleep". Will likely go away after delivery. Try wearing thumb spica splints at night.

Should I do an MRI or CT scan for my child's headache?

Dr. Scott Katz
It depends.: If your pediatrician thinks there could be a serious explanation for the headaches, they will make that decision. An MRI is better at finding abnormalities of the brain itself, such as a tumor. A CT is better for discovering bleeding or abnormalities of bony structures.

Is the pain in my joints, my muscles - or in my head?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 49 years experience
Please explian: Let see if i understand correctly, you could pain in your joints, your muscles. Sometime the pain could perception also and that kind is real pain have to treat.

Will a low fiber diet contribute to my hemorrhoids?

Dr. David Gutman
Maybe: There are many factors that contribute to hemorrhoid formation. Constipation resulting from a low-fiber diet is one possible factor. In these people, preventing constipation by increase fiber intake can help prevent hemorrhoids.

My wife was bitten by a tick and now has a large rash and joint pain? Is this Lyme disease?

Dr. Michael Klein
Lyme is possible: Lyme disease is a tick-born illness seen in many places throughout the country, and especially the northeast. The most common symptoms are the typical bullseye rash which is quite large, fevers, body aches, stiff neck, and especially pain in the joints. Anyone living in a lyme endemic area with the typical rash (erythema migrans) or other symptoms should see their doctor as soon as possible.

Last updated Aug 3, 2015