Canada

Is it possible for a specialist of somesort to diagnose me through pictures and a description of my symptoms?

Dr. Erik Shwarts
Dr. Erik Shwartsanswered
General Practice 10 years experience
Yes and No: Certain disease can be diagnosed by "good" pictures and a well taken history of the illness. However, most symptoms fall under many different diseases and without further testing it would be difficult to be certain that it is the correct diagnosis. Most of the time a specialist will give you their best inclination of what the disease is based on what they see.
Dr. Dan Fisher
Depends: There is no substitute for seeing you in person but many things may be understood with a good story and pictures.
Dr. Zachariah George
Neurosurgery 15 years experience
Limited: A physical exam is an essential part of any diagnosis. However it depends on the type of problem.

Last updated Apr 12, 2013