I'm 29 my right eye became blurry in vesion suddenly, my doc tells my is is truamatical cataract, and i never had accident or surgery, how can this be?

Dr. David Chandler
32 years experience in Ophthalmology
Good question: There are some cases where cataract can develop from trauma with no known injury, and this is presumed to mean that the injury could have occurred at birth or that the injury is not remembered. However, it is unusual for this type of cataract to suddenly worsen. There are cataracts that can progress very rapidly especially in young people not from any injury or any known cause at all.
Answered on Feb 3, 2013
1