what would cause my 12 year old daughter to have constant stomach aches and nausea, she has been on some medication but the symptoms continue.

Dr. Adam King
Dr. Adam King answered
14 years experience Internal Medicine and Pediatrics
Stress: I assume you have tried medications for constipation and relfux (heart burn or gerd) and they have not helped. Please do not uderestimate that stress in her life is causing her to feel it in her abdomin. Explore bullying, friend troubles, early romantic relationships or even depression. While there are other more rare causes of abdomnal pain, emotional stress can cause all kinds of body pains.
Answered on Dec 10, 2013