Mobile, AL

my tongue is green with red spots towards the back and a single large spot running down the middle and my throat hurts.what's going on?

Dr. Michael Pascolini
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 17 years experience
Difficult to answer: The tongue can have multiple problems going on with it but the description you give is tough to diagnose without seeing it. If you are concerned about it you should see a physician and have them evaluate it.
Dr. John DeWolf
Dentistry 40 years experience
Tongue hygiene: Often the tongue will gain coloration from recently ingested foods. Try gently brushing the top of your tongue or use a tongue scraper to see if the color pattern is persistent. If it is, have it evaluated.