MN

every morn i wake up with headache. take topamax (topiramate) 50 mg qam & 100 mg qhs & desipramine 50 mg qhs. what do you suggest?

Dr. John Moranville
Reason for meds: Desipramine is an antidepressant. Depression can cause many somatic symptoms including headache, so an increase in desipramine may be indicated. Topamax (topiramate) can be used for several different conditions including migraine headache prophylaxis. Doses up to 200 mg daily may be used for this indication. Talk to your prescribing doctor about a possible increase in topomax or desipramine.