what is the worst that can happen for an infant with an iron deficiency?

Pathology 49 years experience
Ill health: Iron deficiency is common in infants that are breasf fed entirely and will result in anemia or low blood hemoglobin. Depending on the severity it could make the child listless. There is no need to risk low iron as supplements for children are readily available.
Dr. Martin Fried
General Practice 36 years experience
See below: general fatigue. weakness. pale skin. shortness of breath. dizziness. strange cravings for non-food items, such as dirt, ice, and clay. tingling or a crawling feeling in the legs. swelling or soreness in the tongue. Severe iron-deficiency anemia can lead to heart problems, infections, problems with growth and development i