Austin, TX

I have a constant moderate pain on the right side of my chest, from my collar bone to right under my breast. myright arm/shoulder has the same pain and it hurts to take deep breaths, sigh or yawn. what should i do?

Dr. Richard Sheppeck
Vascular Surgery 36 years experience
Various possibiliti: There are a variety of possible causes.Not enough info to be specific...Tests to consider include: chest x-ray, CBC with diff, ear. A good history and physical exam will direct the effort to understand what is going on.
Dr. Randall Yee
Orthopedic Surgery 29 years experience
Costochondritis: You may have costochondritis on the right side of your chest. However, this is only one of quite of few possible issues. It is best to get at least an xray of the area to start ruling out more serious issues.
Dr. Andrew Germanovich
Pain Management 13 years experience
Slipped rib: Is likely based on the description. It hurts to yawn and to take deep breaths in slipped rib syndrome. See a an osteopathic family physician who does manual manipulation. You need physical exam, imaging and possibly manual therapy.

Last updated Dec 17, 2020