Australia

hi i have been experiencing a pain in the right side of my forehead when i yawn, or open my mouth in general. i have been having headaches often.

Dr. Varadarajan Subbiah
TNJ: Your symptoms maybe from TMJ or temporomandibular joint infection. You should rest your jaw as much as possible and try taking non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs such as Ibuprofen or naproxen. If your symptoms do not improve you should seek the advice of your primary care physician.
Dr. John Van der Werff
Dentistry 39 years experience
Muscle pain?: It sounds like you may have muscle pain in your head that is contributing to the headache. I would suggest seeing a specialist in orofacial or craniofacial pain to diagnose the cause and offer some solutions.
Dr. William Williams
Cosmetic Dentistry 46 years experience
Forehead pain: The temporal tendon may have tendonitis. The temporalis muscle may have trigger points. The sternocleidomastoid muscule may have trigger points. The conbination of all of the above is common with myofascial pain of tmj. A neuromuscular dentist is your best source of help.

Last updated Apr 24, 2015