Australia

is it normal to feel nausea while on my period?

Dr. Faryal Ghaffar
Nausea: Some women may experience painful periods with nausea. It is important to rule out other possibilities like endometriosis

Im on and off queasy and having semi severe cramps and my period is not for another week and a half....?

Dr. Joshua Batt
Emergency Medicine 9 years experience
Pregnant?: Is it possible you are pregnant? These can also be signs of premenstrual syndrome or pms. If you are normally very regular in your periods and it is not possible for you to be pregnant you may want to see your doctor for further testing.

Why do I feel nausea sometimes and I was on my period for a week and a half?

Dr. Katherine Sutherland
Gynecology 43 years experience
Pregnant?: The combination of abnormal bleeding and nausea can be signs of early pregnancy including an abnormal pregnancy like a tubal pregnancy or threatened miscarriage. If a pregnancy test is negative, other causes of extra hormones can cause those symptoms, like an ovarian cyst after ovulation that doesn't go away in the normal time frame. It's best to see your doctor.
Las Vegas, NV

Why do I feel nausea during my period?

Dr. Jordan Rush
Gastroenterology 13 years experience
Nausea: This may be related to a condition called dysmenorrhea causing uterine wall contractions and other related symptoms. Also endometriosis may cause nausea as well.
Ridgecrest, CA

Is it normal to feel really crampy and really nauseous at the beginning of my period even if my flow is spotty and light? What's going on?

Dr. Karen Jones
Yes: One of the substances the lining of the uterus produces is prostaglandins which can cause nausea and diarrhea and cramping. Now if your period is much lighter than usual it is possible you are pregnant so then check a pregnancy test.

Why am i still nauseous after my period ends?

Dr. Bassam Amawi
See U PCP for evalua: To make sure nothing serious is going on.